1. The Swiss love to exercise their democratic right to vote, and this coming weekend will be a great opportunity to pass a new law which - to the best of my knowledge - no other country on earth has established yet: To appoint a designated attorney representing animals in court.
Actually, I really like this initiative and I think that it is a sign of how few problems Switzerland faces these days. However, it appears that this policy would in effect supplement a 2008 law which has already made it illegal to flush goldfish down the toilet or keep hamsters by themselves. Either way, I think it is very progressive that our cat Shuffle could actually represent himself in court if he felt that we did not feed him enough!
2. A man may not relieve himself while standing up after 10 PM. Also, you are not supposed to flush the toilet after 10 PM.
3. Clothes may not be hung to dry on Sunday.
4. If you leave you car-keys inside the car with the door unlocked, you will be fined.
5. It is against the law for any man to unilaterally declare war on another country.
6. It is considered an offense to mow your lawn on a Sunday because it causes too much noise.
7. It is illegal for banks to refuse vault owner to store dead relatives in their vaults - provided the period of storage does not exceed 7 months.
8. It is illegal to ski down a mountain while reciting poetry.
9. It is required that every car with snow tires has to have a sticker on its dashboard which tells that the driver should not drive faster than 160 km/h with these tires.
10. Though it is illegal to produce, store, sell or trade absinth, it is legal to consume it.
11. You may not wash your car on a Sunday.
Update: Check out our list of 10 Strangely Legal Things in Switzerland!