We are basing this humorous guide on two facts:
1. Every Swiss town has its own church with a bell tower.
2. The bells will obviously ring throughout the hour, but they also seem to ring all the time for less obvious reasons.
Thus, you have bells ringing pretty much - let's just say - a lot. So, for your better appreciation of what we are talking about, here is a rough guide on the various church bell ringing occasions in Switzerland:
Don't know what a Swiss church bell sounds like?
Do you think we exaggerated? No?
(Inspired by Katarina - thanks so much!)
Dimitri loves discovering new trends and covers architecture, design, start-ups and tourism.
Latest posts by Dimitri (see all)
- Khurum Khan took his drone to Switzerland, and here’s the result - August 7, 2017
- Will Zürich be getting a cable car across the lake? - July 31, 2017
- This Swiss citizenship interview is questionable, no? (Editorial) - July 25, 2017