We are basing this humorous guide on two facts:
1. Every Swiss town has its own church with a bell tower.
2. The bells will obviously ring throughout the hour, but they also seem to ring all the time for less obvious reasons.
Thus, you have bells ringing pretty much - let's just say - a lot. So, for your better appreciation of what we are talking about, here is a rough guide on the various church bell ringing occasions in Switzerland:
Don't know what a Swiss church bell sounds like?
Do you think we exaggerated? No?
(Inspired by Katarina - thanks so much!)
Dimitri loves discovering new trends and covers architecture, design, start-ups and tourism.
Latest posts by Dimitri (see all)
- Psst! Here are some lesser known places in Switzerland… - October 14, 2017
- A listing of ice skating rinks in and around Zürich - October 11, 2017
- We cherry picked the best activites for our Zug getaway - October 8, 2017