Today, we have a big announcement: together with Ticino Tourism, we are casting the next social media influencer!
Guys and girls, have you ever (secretly) wanted to be an influencer? I am talking about being a successful Instagramer who gets to travel to all the beautiful places! Over the years, many of you have asked us about what it takes to make it big on social media. So, we had an idea...
We've teamed up with Ticino Tourism to give one of you the chance of a lifetime!
This October, the winner of our influencer casting will spend an unforgettable weekend in Ticino: after checking into their Junior Suite at the five-star Hotel Villa Castagnola in Lugano, they will first get a professional hair makeover.
Then, there will be hands-on workshops and activities:
- The bloggers behind Newly Swissed will draw from our decade-long experience and teach about building a presence on social media.
- A popular YouTuber will introduce the winner to smartphone video shooting and editing.
- And a photographer will share her tips about food photography.
At some of Ticino's most scenic spots, such as the Verzasca Valley or the castles of Bellinzona, the newly minted influencer will be able to put the know-how into practice. We will take them there and help them create beautiful content for their own social media channels.
And who knows? They might fall in love with Ticino as much as we have over the years!
The prize package is valued at CHF 5400, and here's what the winner plus companion will get:
✰ Junior Suite at Grand Hotel Villa Castagnola***** (Oct 4 to 6, 2019)
✰ Professional hair makeover by Danilo Tomasini (winner only)
✰ Mouthwatering gourmet meals
✰ Crash-courses and practical workshops
✰ Visits of Ticino's most Instagramable places
Are you curious to discover Ticino? And do you want to learn influencer skills of the trade?
Applications for the influencer casting are open to any English-speaking residents of Switzerland above the age of 18. In an original selfie video, you are asked to convince the jury of why you should be Switzerland's next influencer.
Selfie videos can be submitted by midnight on Sunday, September 8, 2019:
More information about the project: www.newlyswissed.com/influencer
Dimitri loves discovering new trends and covers architecture, design, start-ups and tourism.
Latest posts by Dimitri Burkhard (see all)
- We’ve signed up for Europe’s highest cooking class in Ftan! - October 17, 2019
- Psst! Here’s a peek at the members-only Hotel Paradies Ftan - October 14, 2019
- Meet Christian Eckert of THE OMNIA Mountain Lodge in Zermatt - October 4, 2019