Last summer, the open-air musical enchanted over 42’000 people on Walensee – including dozens who read here about it.
And now, the story of the legendary ocean-liner is ready to conquer Ticino! TITANIC The Musical tells the story of Kate and Jim, a love that was able to break social barriers, set during the legendary trip of the unsinkable Titanic ship.
Few know the backstory of TITANIC The Musical
For those who feel that Titanic means only the hugely famous film with Kate Winslet and Leonardo Di Caprio, we invite you to change your mind. As few people know, the musical Titanic was actually on stage six months before the James Cameron movie was released. Its debut was on Broadway in New York City in 1997, and it was awarded five Tony Awards: Best Musical, Best Original Score, Best Book of a Musical, Best Orchestra and Best Art Direction.
This summer, join us in enjoying a cast of 26 artists, a live orchestra, as well as the great set design, the costumes and the breathtaking views of Lake Lugano in Melide.
It all adds up to an unforgettable evening that is perfect for late summer nights.
– Performances are available in Italian and in German.
– The seating area is covered but bring warm, waterproof clothing in case of rain and wind.
(Photographs copyright Swiss Image)
Latest posts by Alessandra (see all)
- 12 myths about Switzerland (and whether they’re true or not) - January 19, 2018
- Tamaro to Lema is the ultimate Ticino autumn hike - October 29, 2017
- 5 typical “grotto” restaurants not to miss in Ticino - July 28, 2017