The annual Zürich Airport Garage Sale has a long history: It first took place in 1983 as a flea market for Swissair employees.
The initiator felt inspired by the flea market culture in the US. There, cars and vans are being used as sales booths – something that is unique to the Zürich Airport Garage Sale to this day.
Today, the flea market is open to the public, and sellers offer up more than aviation memorabilia.
How to get there
– If you are arriving by car, follow the signs to the designated parking lot at the airport. Private cars are not allowed on the flea market.
– If you are using public transportation, get off the tram at Fracht, Werft or Balsberg. It is just a short walk from there.
(Collage photographs copyright flughafen-flohmarkt.ch)
Dimitri loves discovering new trends and covers architecture, design, start-ups and tourism.
Latest posts by Dimitri Burkhard (see all)
- 21 fresh and intriguing facts about Switzerland - March 14, 2020
- David’s Table is a Zürich gourmet experience close to nature - March 13, 2020
- There’s a real-life Heidi village for all the fans: Heididorf Maienfeld - March 8, 2020