- This event has passed.
Chestnut Workshop in Ticino (Miglieglia)
Oct 24, 2015 - Oct 25, 2015CHF255
Ticino is notorious for its sweet chestnuts. The luscious taste sets the marroni apart from chestnuts of other regions, making them especially desirable… Roasted, pureed, baked or cooked: Chestnuts are good all around – and healthy, too!
During the warm days of autumn, Ticino’s chestnut culture really unfolds as even the smallest villages hold their „castagnata“ festivals (here is a comprehensive list of chestnuts festivals in 2015).
Chestnut Workshop at Albergo Casa Santo Stefano
Do you love chestnuts as much as we do? During a two-day chestnut workshop at the charming Albergo Casa Santo Stefano, you will also hike through the mixed woods of the Malcantone region with a local nutritionist, Erica Bänziger.
She not only knows where to find chestnuts, but also how to prepare them: As part of the workshop at the inn, you will be able to cook dinner alongside her, learning everything you ever wanted to know about preparing marroni dishes.
Saturday, beginning at 4:30 PM:
– Welcome reception with coffee, tea and Erica’s signature chestnut truffles…
– Information about Ticino’s chestnut culture and products, incl. video
– Cooking class with Erica in the inn’s kitchen, including cookbook (plus voluntary dinner preparation), or individual activities (how about looking for chestnuts?)
Saturday, 6:30 PM:
– Apéro featuring chestnut specialties
– Five course „Chestnut Surprise“ meal (vegetarian)
– Hiking along the chestnut trail to Arosio.
– Lunch at Ristorante San Michele, known for its chestnut dishes (not included in price)
CHF 255 per person in double-room, registration at 091 609 19 35 or firstname.lastname@example.org