A simple idea can have great effect: In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDxBasel is a forum designed to help communities and individuals spark conversation and connection through inspiring and thought-provoking discussion.
This will be the second TEDxBasel event. Building on last year’s success and positive feedback, the audience size has been increased from around 200 to 500.
TEDxBasel is a community forum for sharing of passions, stories and ideas. This platform helps to spark far-reaching discussions – and sometimes unpredictable connections. This year’s speakers are all local voices with diverse backgrounds and subject matters. They aim to promote understanding and knowledge while fostering relations within the community.
Our mission: To spread local ideas to the world and bring the world’s to us.
Jennifer Chough, one of the organizers of TEDxBasel, sums it up: “We hope that the 2016 event will be a unique experience for our community. The TED spirit is not something that is just fostered by the organizers and speakers, but is something brought by the audience.”
Speakers at TEDxBasel 2016
Check out the exciting line-up of more than 10 diverse, thought-provoking and inspiring speakers:
– Dr. Laurent Goetschel will enlighten us about a new strategy to peace-building.
– Dorothee Schiesser will present her upcycling concept Sapocycle.
– Shlomo Graber is an Auschwitz survivor who has many beautiful (and some sad) stories to tell.
TEDxBasel sponsors include Syngenta and Basel Area. Tickets are 55 francs and include an apéro as well as two coffee breaks.
Latest posts by Idit (see all)
- Our interview with Simone from Global Inspirations Design - August 14, 2018
- We like ecoChair, an upcycling start-up in Basel - November 12, 2017
- Muse Lin on what it’s like to be a maker in Switzerland - September 24, 2017