Have you recently moved to Switzerland or are planning to do so in the near future?
You can call yourself lucky! You will find many like-minded expats in Switzerland as this is considered to be among the most popular destinations worldwide. As part of the move, reality will set in as you get acquainted with your new environment.
Statistics are one thing, but where to meet up with all these cool people?
The founders of InterNations have made it their mission to solve this issue. Seven years ago, they envisioned a global network which would facilitate the transition for the millions of expats who start their temporary assignments in places like Singapore or Zürich.
InterNations is now the number one expat network worldwide – a "community for open minds." And of the one million members in 390 cities all across the globe, almost 4 percent have chosen Switzerland as their expat destination.
The Benefits of InterNations
Hear it from member Maria-José Horstkamp from Lugano: "I've been living and working in Switzerland for 20 years, but it was only when I was introduced to InterNations that I could really feel connected.
When you're an expat, even if you make acquaintances at work or school, you're always lacking that sense of a familiar community. And that's exactly what InterNations has become to me: My community, my family!"
As one of the oldest international communities for people who live and work abroad, InterNations connects expats with other global minds who share similar interests and needs.
Do any of these apply to you?
- Are you curious about daily life in Switzerland or how to adapt to your new work environment abroad? InterNations provides you with the relevant information on your home away from home.
- Would you like to meet fellow expats? On InterNations’ online platform, meeting members of the bustling Swiss expat community is made easy!
- Are you interested in exchanging insider tips about life in Switzerland? Check out the Expat Forum online!
- Make new friends at the exclusive InterNations events and activities. Each month, there are two events organized by each local chapter.
So, are you ready for InterNations?
While your long-term goal might be integration into Swiss society, we think that there are many benefits in connecting to like-minded expats. Sign up to InterNations for free and become part of the international experience.
(This post is sponsored by InterNations, the expatriate community for expats worldwide.)
Dimitri loves discovering new trends and covers architecture, design, start-ups and tourism.
Latest posts by Dimitri Burkhard (see all)
- 15 more photographs that scream “Only in Switzerland!” - July 29, 2020
- Why Zoo Zürich and the Lewa Wildlife Conservancy are friends - July 27, 2020
- The La Val Hotel & Spa is ideal for hikers (and foodies) - July 16, 2020