Every first Saturday of the month, there is a special gathering near the Münster Cathedral in Bern. It is an event for all those whose love for art and all things artsy take form in all shapes and sizes.
This is the Handwerkermärit in Bern, a place where creativity is the buzzword.
As an awestruck visitor, I always wondered what it felt like to be on the other side, displaying one´s talent. From clothes with vibrant African prints to peculiar ceramic art works, from the English jewelry to the very local Swiss handicrafts, you will find the Handwerkermärit an absolute delight to the eyes.
With a panoramic view of the Aare river and the quaint architecture of the Old Town, the lovely space becomes a confluence of cultures once a month.
So if you are in Bern, do not miss out this one-of-a-kind market space. Admire, appreciate and take a piece of memorabilia back home!
- Berner Handwerker Märit - Bern Tourism
- A Little Indian Gift (by Indira)
Latest posts by Indira (see all)
- 8 definite survival phrases for Bern, Switzerland - December 18, 2018
- Inside the Emmental cheese factory (it’s where the magic happens!) - October 1, 2018
- When in Bern, head to these hot spots for the best views - August 19, 2017